Time slows | Teen Ink

Time slows

January 23, 2012
By shawnee BRONZE, Oquawka, Illinois
shawnee BRONZE, Oquawka, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Half a leauge half a leauge onward into the valley of death rode the 600 "forward the light brigade charge for the guns" he yelled. Into the valley of death rode the 600.
Ect.


As I blinked time came to a slow. The chanting team and roaring crowd muffled in my head and the lights shined in my eyes. I felt a drop of sweat roll down my neck and back. I planted my front foot then my back one. I pulled the bat up behind my head,above my shoulder, and took one last look around, I saw my family against the fence cheering for me, I had two strikes and have managed to stay in with three foul balls. I looked at my team smacking the fence and chanting that "center field better tie their shoe cuz I'm gonna rip on over you" I smiled. It quickly faded as I turned and saw the pitcher, getting ready to wind up. She was the fastest pitcher in our competition and if I got one more strike we would lose the championship but if I hit it we will score enough to win. I took a deep breath as her windup crawled around but when she let go I did not see the flames behind the ball as I expected. The ball crawled forward, I blinked just as the ball approached me and swung, time sped forward.


The author's comments:
I have a small thing where I tend to freeze up and things get slow but I think it only helps me.