Soccer | Teen Ink

Soccer

To many people, soccer is a game of intensity where winning is everything. Some people have what it takes while others don’t. To me soccer is intense, but winning isn’t everything. Soccer is all about enjoyment and playing the way that makes you feel good. It is essentially a way to express yourself and who you are.

One of the major aspects of soccer is teamwork. Being on a team is like being part of a family that helps you become stronger physically and emotionally. Teamwork is a very important skill that you need in life for many things, even your job. It also helps you to get along and socialize with other people. If you can’t play well with a team, it is very hard to be successful and to improve your individual game. Teamwork is very important in everyday life.

Another big aspect of soccer that is usually overlooked is communication. Everyone should always talk on the field to help someone out, suggest what to do, or simply congratulate them to help their confidence. I got to experience this first-hand when our team played the number 1 high school in the nation, Montverde Academy. The second I stepped onto the field everyone was talking and yelling as if they were part of a professional team. Most people don’t understand how important communication really is. Not only does it help you in soccer, but it prepares you for life and helps you socialize easier.

Another one of the main aspects of soccer to understand how to play and what your role is. No matter what formation you are playing you need to understand what your goal is and how to help contribute to it. Watching professional soccer teams play really helps you understand what is happening. All the time you will see integrated combination plays that most people don’t even notice. Understanding the game is an important part of soccer.

As you can see there are many important aspects of soccer. All the way from teamwork and communications to formations and set plays, soccer can help you in be a better person and ultimately succeed in life.