What Wrestling Means to Me | Teen Ink

What Wrestling Means to Me

January 5, 2012
By DylanMienke BRONZE, Anamosa, Iowa
DylanMienke BRONZE, Anamosa, Iowa
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Wrestling is a very competitive one-on-one sport. It’s just you and another person on the mat. That means you can’t blame others about a mistake you make. Wrestling is no more than just another sport to me, and the only reason I do the sport is because it’s fun. I’d have to say the main purpose most guys or girls wrestle is to show the other person and people around who’s better and stronger.

If anybody wants to go to state for wrestling they can’t just put their body into it the sport; they also have to put their heart and mind into it. I think the most important out of all the things you half to put into the sport would be your heart. If you don’t put your heart into it and don’t have pride in yourself, you won’t try as hard as your body physically can endure.

I would have to say my passion for wrestling would be the same passion that a fat man has for cake. Wrestling should not just be a sport that last from October to March so that people that really have a passion for it get more time competing in the sport.

Wrestling should be an all-male sport. It should not be allowed that females can wrestle considering males can’t play any of their team sports.