Lebron James: A lot of Zing but No Ring | Teen Ink

Lebron James: A lot of Zing but No Ring

December 22, 2011
By 808atl19 BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
808atl19 BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
4 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life isn’t worth living unless you’re willing to take some big chances and go for broke."
- Eliot Wiggington


“Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep” flared the boisterous buzzer as time terminated in the fourth quarter.
Confetti descended from the arena like snow flakes and inserted on to everything in the building. American Airlines Center filled with more than 19,000 fans went tempestuous and caused the building tremble. The Mavericks had won the NBA Finals! Dirk Nowitzki, named the NBA Finals MVP, cheered and celebrated with his teammates and with his beloved fans. The electricness that swirled around the arena made it a sight you had to see to believe.
While the Mavericks celebrated on the court, the opposing team, The Miami Heat, the so called dream team had nothing to do, but plop their head down and trudge into the dark and empty lockeroom. However it’s not the Heat I’m disappointed in, its the highly proclaimed athlete, “King James”, that gets me livid and turns my smile upside down.

LeBron Raymone James born on December 30, 1984 in Akron, Ohio was one of the countries highly-talented athlete coming out of St. Vincent- St. Mary High School. James was selected as the top overall pick in the 2003 NBA Draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers and was presumed to be as good as Hall of Fame basketball player, Micheal Jordan, or even better! After LeBron James heeded the news he was exhilarated with tremendous amount of joy. Being drafted by the Cavaliers meant a dream come true for LeBron James since he was drafted by his hometown state of Ohio.
In the eight years LeBron James has been playing and he won a lot of accommodations like the Most Valuable Player two times in a row. In contrast to that, he has never accomplished one very significant thing and that is to win a championship.
One of most controversial decision LeBron James has made in his NBA Career is moving from his hometown team to the Miami Heat. Riots, madness and disputes eroded in the state LeBron James had once called home.
Every athlete has a dream and that is to win a championship and that’s something I think LeBron James craves for. However the way he plays seems like he doesn’t yearn for one.
LeBron James has been compared to many extravagant athletes from the day such as, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and Micheal Jordan. However, LeBron lacks many things that Magic, Bird and MJ did such as the fact that they all played with passion and enthusiasm for their team all 82 games and brought their team a trophy.
LeBron James is a superior athlete, but it doesn’t matter whether he’s the best player in the world or not. Ever heard heard the term “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing” well that’s what LeBron James need to learn.
I strongly believe that Lebron James can win a championship in the coming years if he plays like he was meant to, not play like he wants to.