michael | Teen Ink

michael

By MMCGARRY BRONZE, Columbia, MO, Missouri
MMCGARRY BRONZE, Columbia, MO, Missouri

Michael Jordan was to be in the 1984 NBA Draft. All that hard work and dedication paid off. He was the #3 overall pick in 1st round and was drafted to the Chicago Bulls. Jordan’s first few years were great, but he didn’t win a championship for the Bulls. He averaged 37 points his 3rd season, and was only the second player to bypass 3,000 points in one season. It wasn’t until the 90’s that Jordan and the Chicago Bulls would have success. The Bulls were known for their tough defense and their fast offense. In 1991, the Bulls won their first championship, then another the next year, and again the following year. Jordan had a short retirement after the 1993 year because of his fathers death and personal problems. He came out of retirement in 1995. The next year, the Bulls would win 72 games! The season came to a success as the Bulls would win the Championship that year, the next year, and the year after, the Bull’s sixth championship in under 10 years.
Michael Jordan would retire from the NBA in 2003.

I think The only reason Michael Jordan had success is because he tried to the best of his ability. I think his career showed everyone that if you actually try at something, you will succeed. After his sophomore year, he worked his butt off to make the team. That is a perfect example of hard work. And because of the hard work, he will be known as one of the greatest basketball players ever.

michael