Dedication | Teen Ink

Dedication

November 17, 2011
By Mary Klimek BRONZE, Rochester, New York
Mary Klimek BRONZE, Rochester, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Did you ever just want to just give up on something or just wish you had never started it? Through the thick and the thin, I have stuck it out. It is always dedication that gives me that extra push in order to succeed.
Dedication is when you absolutely love something, doing whatever it takes to keep pursuing your goal. Dedication is having the passion for the certain thing. Dedication is not just being good at something, it is being great. In order to be good at something, truly good at it, you have to be dedicated to it. Dedication leads you to success. Without the dedication to something, you will never succeed.

Dedication is staying after ten more minutes just to take fifty more shots. It is trying the impossible, just so you can be the best. When you are dedicated, you don’t care about the parties, or going out with your friends; you will stay at home on a Saturday night just to practice your form. When you sweat, you don’t care because you know you have done the best you can do.
Everyone has that one thing that they are dedicated to. Whether it is a sport, or an activity, there is one thing you’ve done since you were little. My life has always consisted of sports. Some people would argue that I am dedicated, while others would say I am lazy. In my opinion, I am dedicated. I will wake up on a Saturday morning and go play basketball. I will stay after school just to work on form. No matter what obstacles I go through, I try my hardest whenever I am given the opportunity. I will fight to be the best player I can be. This is what dedication is about.

In the end, dedication shows off. Dedication gets you to where you want to be in life. When you are playing a game, that is where your dedication shows. It proves all the work you have put into your game. Dedication got me pulled up in eighth grade, where we went to states in Albany for basketball. Without dedication, I would not be where I am today.