Blues get shutout for the first time, Big Time! | Teen Ink

Blues get shutout for the first time, Big Time!

October 19, 2011
By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
20 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
javascript:ShowFavTab(1)


The Blues were on there last game of a four game road trip looking to break even 2-2 but the Kings had different plans. Not being shutout in LA in there last 60 meetings and without Andy Mcdonald again who is now on IR with a concussion with no time table of when he will be back. Halak would start between the pipes, then two and a half minutes in Jackman would take a penalty but there would be no goals by the Kings on there first power play. A little less than five minutes later Gagne from the Kings would get the first goal of the game at 7:20 to make it 1-0 LA. The Blues would shortly after get there first power play with a chance to tie the game and answer back but they couldn't do so. Shots would be tied and the second started, this time the Blues again got a penalty but not until six minutes in when Backes got called for interference. Again the Kings couldn't score, there was five seconds of 4 on 4 after the Kings took a penalty then the Blues went on the power play for the second time. The result would be the same with no goal, but a minute after the penalty ended the Kings got there second goal by Stoll at 11:36. The Blues a minute later would again get a chance on the power play but could not connect to put one in, before the penalty ended though Chris Stewert took a roughing call that made it 4 on 4 for 24 seconds, but then Pietrangelo seconds later gave the Kings a 5 on 3 and they would score to make the Blues pay, with a goal by Dustin Brown 12 seconds into the two man advantage to make it a 3-0 game. The Blues out shot the Kings 13-12 but again could not score, then the third started and 23 seconds in the Kings kopitar would score to make it 4-0. That goal would also end Halaks night as the Blues brought in Elliott who won his first and only start. The Blues would have a chance to start something a minute later when the Kings gave the Blues there last power play of the game, but like the other three they couldn't score on the man advantage. Six and a half in though the Kings would get there fifth and final goal by Gagne who scored his second of the game and also had a assist to give him three points on the night and make him the first star. The Blues could not score out shooting the Kings 27-24 and couldn't connect on the power play either on four chances. Falling to 2-4 and Halak not doing the best it wouldn't be surprising to see Elliott start at home on Friday and maybe Saturday when the Blues travel to Phillie to start another road trip. With already two injuries occurring in six games the Blues could again be effected by then this year, but lets hope not and the players come back soon and everyone stays healthy cause this team can be very dangerous.