So many penalties so little goals, bruins again lose to canes | Teen Ink

So many penalties so little goals, bruins again lose to canes

October 19, 2011
By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
20 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
javascript:ShowFavTab(1)


The Bruins and Canes played just six days ago, in Carolina with the Canes sneaking by with a 3-2 win. This time it would be at the TD garden in Boston 17,565 came to watch. Winning just three days ago in Chicago with Tim Thomas in net, Tukka Rask would start this game, along with Cam Ward who the Bruins faced last Wednesday. The scoring got started quick, the Canes Anthony Stewert got one past Rask just 2:47 into the first period. The Bruins would get there first power play chance ten minutes in but could not capitalize on it, and there would be no more action in the period besides the Bruins 13 shots beating the Canes who had 10. The Second period started with Marchand getting a penalty four minutes in, also the Canes first power play which they could not score on. The Bruins would get two more chances on the power play but couldn't convert, the Hurricanes however would get a five on three that the Bruins killed. That five on three came from five Bruins penalties at 14:19 and the Canes took two at the same time, they matched a fighting then roughing penalty, then Chara would get a instigator penalty and ten minute misconduct along with Rask leaving the net that gave the Canes a five on three which Lucic served for him. The only scoring would be by the Canes on one of there seven shots this one coming at 10:19 by Joni Pitkanen, the Bruins would not score on eight shots along with finishing the period on the power play. No action would come along in the third until 10:30 when Kelly and Sutter dropped the gloves, Lucic would get a roughing call along with two Canes roughing calls that ended up giving the Bruins there fourth and final power play which they would make payoff when Peverley scored his third tally of the year, the Bruins were then within one. The Bruins would give the Canes another five on three when Nathan Horton got two roughing penalties and a misconduct at 11:30 into third, a minute after the Canes got there last calls of then night. 18 seconds later Chara would take another penalty to extend the five on three penalty kill for the Bruins, not helping Seidenberg would take a penalty 22 seconds later. The Canes would score at 13:26 to make it 3-1, then a minute and a half later still on the five on three the Canes would put the game out of near reach making it 4-1 with about six minutes left. The Bruins would take one more penalty that the Canes got a power play off of but did not connect ending the game 2-9 on the power play for them, and the Bruins going 1-4. In the third the Hurricanes scored twice on six shots, the Bruins scoring once on thirteen. After 72 penalty minutes and a 4-1 loss the Bruins now fall to 2-4 on the season, and 1-3 at home. Hopefully the Bruins can bounce back with three more home games left on this stand, next the Maple Leafs on Thursday at 7, the same time on Saturday when the Sharks come from across the country to play, and the last game the Thursday after this one when the Canadians come into town for a big rivalry match up then two days after they will be in Montreal to play. The season needs to start turing around for the Bruins if they want another chance at the cup, with 76 games left there if definitely time to do so.