Bruins cruise in a confrence final rematch | Teen Ink

Bruins cruise in a confrence final rematch

October 13, 2011
By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
20 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
javascript:ShowFavTab(1)


After a home opener loss 2-1 the bruins come back to the TD garden Saturday and played the Tampa bay lightning and came out with a win 4-1. A first period that included no goals but each team had three penalties aside, the shots went into the bruins favor 15-9. After beating the lightning in the eastern conference championship in a long hyped seven game series this was going to be a good one, the scoreless first showed that while both goalies stopped all the shots they faced. Tim Thomas did start this game which i thought would happen, it could be awhile before tukka comes in if he is needed cause of Thomas playing poorly which i don't see happening. The second period started and right after the two minute mark Peverley put in the first goal of the game which was assisted by Marchand and Boychuk. A minute later Tampa struck back with a goal by St.Louis his second of the year for the lightning. Not even a minute and a half later the bruins come back with another by Paille assisted by Mcquaid and Seguin. Again there was three pentalies aside and no power play goals, while the bruins had 15 shot again leading over Tampa's 7 in the second. This game had about a three minute burst of scoring then the goalies shut things down, the game looked close even though the lightning were being heavily outside 30-16. When the third started Tampa was right in it despite being outside, but three minutes in Krejic scored with assist by Lucic and Seguins whose assist was his second of the game and his third in the first two games of the season. The teams again split penalties but there was two aside in the third. Tampa had a now two goal deficit to over come but then Peverley with his second of the game and season made it 4-1, the which was assisted by Bergeron and also by Marchand and was his second assist of the game. This would be all the scoring in the game, and in the third bruins again out shot the lightning this time 12-10 as the lightning could only score once on Tim Thomas getting his first win of the year. The three stars of this game were Seguin with the third, he had two assist that came on the second and third goal for the bruins. Second was Tim Thomas stopping 25 on 26 shots the lightning gave him. Peverley the two goal scorer gets the first star, getting the bruins first an fourth and final goal of the game. These three stars are from 98.5 the sports hub. The bruins get there first win and i feel there is no looking back even though they went 0-6 on the power play there even strength scoring proved it was enough, and the penalty killed did a good job allowing no goals on 5 lightning power plays.