Bruins lose, lone goal comes on the power play. | Teen Ink

Bruins lose, lone goal comes on the power play.

October 13, 2011
By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
20 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
javascript:ShowFavTab(1)


Finally the Bruins got to put up the championship banner at the TD garden Thursday after 39 years of waiting to do that banner raising again. There opening game was against the Philadelphia Flyer's who with the additions of Jaromir Jagr and Ilya Bryzgalov plan to have a great breakout 2011-2012 season after being swept by the Bruins in the second round of the playoffs last year. The Bruins did sweep them then go onto a Stanley cup, but the whole time during the playoffs the penalty kill was horrible. When the Bruins had a penalty the other team didn't even fringe or worry I would say cause it was that bad. Hope though is with the only goal scored by the bruins in the 2-1 loss in the season opener against the flyer's came on the power play scored by Brad Marchand and assisted by Tyler Seguin and the new d-man Joe Corvo there could be some light in the power play for bruins this year. Although the flyer's got seven penalties the bruins matched one, and the bruins had five the flyer's did also score on the power play in this game. Tyler Seguin is back and is on the power play like he was during the playoffs, this young kid could really shot the team up if he steps up and has a big year to help the bruins get back to the Stanley cup finals. This year the bruins are looking really good even though after losing the first game, the bruins have almost the whole team back from the Stanly cup run with more experience an playing time together it wouldn't be surprising to see the bruins back in the final round this year and raising another banner a year from now.

The author's comments:
Im a sports writer and these are my recent blog post, im catching up this website with them they should all be on tonight.