Soccer And Why I Love It | Teen Ink

Soccer And Why I Love It

By Alex Mc Brair BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Alex Mc Brair BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

As I glare at the ball then the goal. Ball again, then goal. I started sprinting up to the multi colored ball. I strike it perfectly. Perfect follow through. The inside bend curving the ball just right. As I watch the ball soaring through the air, the sun puts a glare on the ball. I have lost sight of it in the sun. I close my eyes and hear the ball sliding on the side net. I glanced up and I start cheering. Jumping up and down, I just won the game for the team. I love soccer because, it involves a lot of running and skill, I have been playing soccer since I was a wee lad, and it involves team effort.

Soccer I think is the most energetic sport ever. Soccer is amazing to me. People call us field fairies but it takes a lot more skill than you think. I love running, it’s my obsession. I run outside of school almost every day. About 6 miles a day. But enough about running. That’s what makes soccer the greatest sport ever to me. The skill in soccer takes along time to master. I don’t even think you can master soccer. There are so many new things I learn at practice every day. The skill you need to play soccer it just over the top. When you first play soccer, like first ever in your life your thinking wow, this is a lot more tricky than I thought it would be. I know that’s what I was thinking when I first played.

Since I was five I have been playing soccer and I first started I played with the YMCA. After that I played with a youth soccer club and that is for anybody who wants to try soccer or maybe just keep playing soccer. Ever since I played soccer I have loved it and when I was little I had no clue what I was doing at the time. Now I have progressed a lot and know what I’m doing. My first year I played, I had a goal and it was a very good goal. I kicked the ball and if I remember correctly it went through at least three kids’ legs and went it in the goal. I was very happy! My mom since I was little wanted me to play football. I tried football one year but I didn’t like it. But now she has to deal with me playing soccer. She enjoys watching though. As for right now, I play soccer for Oshkosh north. When I first started it wasn’t aggressive at all. But now, it almost feels like football. Sometimes I think it gets a little to aggressive cause people get hurt a lot more than you would think. Soccer just makes me want to get up and dance!

Another reason why I love soccer is because it takes a lot of team effort. So much you wouldn’t even imagine. If one person doesn’t try on the team or doesn’t give 110% your whole team loses. There is no I in team and that was the first thing I learned during my soccer career. Team effort is what I love, because you have to work with your team and communicate with every one to take the ball up the field and score. My coach always says; score early so we have a cushion for some time. And that’s true. He says that every day before a game. He also says team effort is what scores the goals. And I remember the first game. We lost 7-0. He said we lost because we couldn’t connect 3 passes without getting the ball taken away. And we had NO TEAM EFFORT. That game every one was greedy. They wanted to score the most goals and they didn’t care what anyone said. I admit it; I was like that the first game to. But team effort is what wins the game.
So in conclusion, it is important to know I love soccer because, it involves a lot of running and skill, I have been playing since I was five, and I involves team effort.

on Mar. 11 2016 at 3:43 pm
My advice to you is to never forget to have fun!!!

Keenas said...
on Jan. 7 2016 at 10:00 pm
Hi!! I started soccer 3 years ago. I am not in any clubs or anything. But I wish I was!! Anyway I love your essay and I can relate. A lot. I love soccer so much. I seriously can't go a day without it. Any advice? I love your essay and your awesome!!