"DON'T GIVE UP" | Teen Ink

"DON'T GIVE UP"

September 28, 2011
By Royals15 BRONZE, Maysville, Kentucky
Royals15 BRONZE, Maysville, Kentucky
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Just do it


How do you think a football game would go if you are getting beat and you give up? It’s just a matter of not giving up but to keep on going. For example, my team played Lafayette, we were all excited and the crowd was cheering but we gave up because they were beating us and we lacked a certain amount of discipline.

We are in the first quarter score is 14-0. We thought for sure we were done, so we all hung our heads and just gave up even though we had three quarters left. Our discipline was how we showed that we gave up because it shows our opponent we’re scared. Lafayette was good but not too good for our defense. We just missed our reads and tackles.

Next quarter, were so close to scoring, but they sacked us on first down. So we gave up because they sacked us on first down but we had two more downs to go. That is what made us turn the ball over because once we get sacked we just thought we couldn’t get anywhere else because of one sack, but the score was 21-0 third quarter.

The last quarter was when we really gave up because we knew for sure we’re not coming back because score 50-0. That does not mean give up we should never give up until score board says 00:00, but just because we are getting killed doesn’t mean anything because if we would of tried we would of still got complimented for trying, no matter what position we are in we should never give up.

After the game coach told us, “Even if you guys were losing never give up. Enjoy playing with your brothers.” That is all football is about to have fun and to teach you to never give up no matter what position you’re in.