Brett Farve: Retirement

Brett Farve is a legend in my family. The next thing I want for Christmas is a huge green Packers jersey with a giant number four on it. I really don’t think he wanted to retire at all. But hey, what could he do? Injuries told him to say goodbye. I doubt he would have if he had had a choice. I also think that everyone was really hard on him for coming back. I really wished he would have gone to the Super Bowl and beaten the Colts or whoever had been there. He deserved a going-out party; but all it turned out to be was a run across the field in a pair of sweats, a workout shirt, and a beanie, the next year. I doubt that coming back to the Jets wasn’t just a huge love of the game. I don’t think we should have called him an old man; he was, but still. Would you have enough will power and heart to come back at forty or how ever old he was? That’s something deeper than just wanting to play, or to have fame. It was much, much more than that. I will miss him this season, but maybe it’s time to sit back, and watch the game. He earned a spot in the Hall of Fame and I have no doubt he will get there. I just wanted his leaving to be much more glamorous. I think Brett Farve is one of the best quarterbacks of all time; I don’t care who you are. Brett’s talent and heart put together. I hope no one ever forgets him.

RedheadAtHeartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 11:02 am:

Amen! I don't know if you've read a piece on this site called "A Tale of Two Quarterbacks," but it's about the return of Michael Vick and the crash-and-burn of Brett Favre's last year. The way the author talked about Favre was hardly respectful in my opinion.

Well-written, too. I think you're very good at the short, sweet and meaningful.

Favre is a legend and I will miss him as well.

athletegkb44 replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 6:31 pm :
I'll try and check it out! (if I have time) I will miss Farve very much! And thank you!