You Know You're A Gymnast When...

You know you’re a gymnast when you sit in class and run through your bar routine in your head. You know you’re a gymnast when raising your hand is like a salute to the judges. You know you’re a gymnast when your grips are like an old friend, cheering you on. You know you’re a gymnast when calluses are no big deal. You know you’re a gymnast when you wake up in the morning and can’t move very well for being sore. You know you’re a gymnast when you can’t hold on to your hairbrush for your sore and tough-skinned hands. You know you’re a gymnast when you pretend like everything is scored. You know you’re a gymnast when you can’t stop doing gymnastics, no matter how bad your practice was, your drive is too large to control and your passion is immeasurable. You know you're a gymnast when you keep going back.

otherpoet said...
This was fun :) It sounds a bit like a light-hearted poem to me. It's really upbeat!

RedheadAtHeartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 10:58 am:

I love it. Perhaps I should write a companion piece: You Know There's A Gymnast In Your Family When...

Nah, just kidding. Well written. Good job of conveying just how tough gymnasts' lives can be sometimes. And kudos for not using any of the phrases from the t-shirts that say the same thing!

athletegkb44 replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 6:29 pm :

Haha possibly you should! (wink)

thanks much!! tell your peeps! And those shirts are so stereotype! ;)