Home Team | Teen Ink

Home Team

May 26, 2011
By Raymond Kryzak BRONZE, 25312, West Virginia
Raymond Kryzak BRONZE, 25312, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Home Team. Payton Sean with Ellis Henican. New York: New American, 2010. 295 pages.



In the story Home Team by Sean Payton a game of football give one city the right to believe again. Sean Payton made a difficult decision to coach the New Orleans Saints football team. Katrina hit the city of New Orleans in 2006 and annihilates the whole town. People were fleeing from the town from the destruction it cause. Payton took this job because he want a challenge and to give a city a good football team. The Saints never were a fantastic football team. They only won one playoff game in their entire history. This was a very risky move for Payton not just for Katrina destroying the town but last season they finished only 3-13. In Payton first season they finished 10-6 and made it to the playoffs. They went to the NFC championship game that year. After that in 2010 the y beat the Vikings and went to the Super Bowl. Now the only challenge was to beat the unstoppable Colts.

Some people say some team we never make it to the Super Bowl. I believe this book as well completed the author purpose to write this book. It will show you that dream can be hard to fulfill but with dedication and hard work you can do it. No matter the challenge. Sean Payton did this with the Saints and got them to the Super Bowl for the first time in history.

I hate to read book but when I started the book I couldn’t put it down. This story describe how hard one many dream can be. I learned that jobs are not just handed out you have to work really hard to get it. Payton show me this in Home Team and it will show you to.

I believe in football fan should grab this book and started reading. It will show people that the National Football League isn’t an easy place to keep a job. You can keep a job for years or lose next year. Sean Payton is one of the greatest coaches now because he did something with the Saints that no one else could do. This is one of the beast autobiographies I have read.