Competition | Teen Ink

Competition

May 27, 2011
By Anonymous

My first competition was when I was in seventh grade; all the seventh graders had a dodge ball tournament in school. No one knew about it, but then the announcement came. The principal Mr. Proffit (who is now principal of the Park City Learning Center) announced that there will be a dodge ball tournament.

In the following days the first game was scheduled, and I was trying to find some tactics for the game and no ideas came to my mind. There was a day left for the match to start when I got to school. I finally had it. My plan was take all the strong throwing opponents out.

Our team was next, and I told the team that the plan was to take out the strong players and then the weak. I threw a green ball and hit the best opponent’s player in the game. Everybody in the audience started to chant my name, “FREDDY, FREDDY”. I started to feel good and I thought that our class was going to win the game. My next shot was an out and I was on a roll and going for three in a row. Next shot I was out. They got me from the side. I watched from the side lines and one by one we’re going out until we had only one person left on our side and about 4 or 5 guys on the other side.

The time was over and then everybody started to talk about how I took our the best player in the game for the whole day saying “Freddy, you were so close to victory”. We lost the game, but I felt good even though we lost.