lakers rebuilding

the lakers were recently swept by the dallas mavericks in the western conference semi finals. the lakers now must either go through a rebuilding period or make adjustments to their roster. the name dwight howard has been mentioned. dwight would add great defense and more firepower and a greater rebounding presence in the paint. even though they have bynum if they were able to secure dwight they could then trade bynum for a better pointguard to handle the newer pointguards. derrick fisher is good but he is not quick enough and not the best scorer or defender. with them adding a younger more athletic guard they could be able to compete better and go farther in the playoffs. the lakers have the skill and veterans to handle late and rough experiences. they lack athleticsm and speed. kobe is getting older along with the rest of the team. kobe needs to want the championships like he did back when he was with shaq. next thing they need is someone like trevor ariza trading him for the slower ron artest was not a good move. if you can get a more athletic player then your defense will be better. the most important thing for the lakers to do is get a coach have as good as phill jackson if thats possible. phill is one of the reasons they can win and play well. he deserved more than to go out with a sweep. then the lakers need to get confidence and get rid of the drama. if the lakers can get athletic players they can be better defensively and quicker on offense. they just need to keep their heads up and they can save their franchise and keep their dynasty.