The kid that felt short | Teen Ink

The kid that felt short

All the work that I have put into my sports and my academics all comes down to this. I am a senior at Berkeley Springs High School enjoying wrestling and baseball one last time. It is my last to accomplish what I want to in sports before I go to college.
Something that is very important to me is sports. I play two sports baseball and wrestling. My favorite sport is wrestling. This year our wrestling team to have a really good wrestling team and will probably win both regionals and states. This year I have put a lot of time and dedication into wrestling because it’s my last year, and I want to be a state champ in West Virginia. I want to leave this school with no regrets and, I want to win or lose states knowing that I did everything I could to try to win.
Last year at states for wrestling, held in Huntington, WV I learned a big lesson. I was in the semi-finals and should have been in the final that next night, but I took the match for granted thinking that I already had the match won because I had just beat the toughest kid in my side of the bracket in the quarterfinals, so this year I am going to Super 32. One of the biggest high-school tournaments in the country, which I hope to do good at for the college scouts. I hope to go to some more big tournaments, so I can get recognized by colleges, which I hope to wrestle while I attend college.
My family is another thing that is very important to me. If I did not have them I don’t know what I would be doing. My dad is the one who got me to fall in love with wrestling and baseball so much. My parents are very supportive when I go to my games and matches. They go to all my matches and stay on the over night trips when we go away. I really appreciate that they do that for me. They are influencing me to go to college to get a good paying job because they know what is best for me since they have already been through the situation before. I love and care for my family and want to thank them for everything they have done for me.
That is some stuff about me. Thanks to my family they have shown me how to be supportive and caring. Showing me how a family should be and how to be a father for my son or daughter. Wrestling has helped me become a better person by helping me get through the tough times and relaxing me like its second nature.

on Apr. 29 2011 at 8:39 am
HandshakinJaglowski, Michigan
Two greats sports! you are soo thankful for your parents and thats great!