Intense Game | Teen Ink

Intense Game

By IAMTHEGREATEST BRONZE, Melbourne, Iowa
IAMTHEGREATEST BRONZE, Melbourne, Iowa

I do what I like and I like what I do.

Fans are screaming and tempers on the court are flaring. The harder we play the harder they play. I am sitting in the front row yelling at the top of my lungs. My voice is fading from cheering so much. Dillon Stradt and I are getting lots of attention from the North Tama fans. The smells of popcorn so strong, I have someone grab me some. It was salty and dried out my mouth, but it soothed my cravings. Two minutes left in the game and we are down by four. We drive down the court and make a quick shot by Michael. We go wild in the stands.
I turn and look at Dillon and say, “This is the craziest game I have ever been to!”

He shouts back, “I know, this is so cool I just hope they win so we don’t look stupid cheering so much!”

“Man, its fine. We’ll pull out a win, I can feel these things,” I yelled back because the noise of the crowd

North Tama inbounds the ball, just then Dalton Ferch steals the ball to make a wide open layup. North Tama once again has the ball and as they run their offense, we play tough defense and give up nothing. A shot goes up and misses. We grab the rebound and take off down the court. Slowing it down, passing and passing until the right moment comes. Dalton makes a move toward the middle then passes it out to Tysen. He shoots! He scores! The crowd goes absolutely nuts except North Tama fans. Five seconds left on the clock, North Tama passes it in and runs down the court. The center catches the ball out at the three point line and looks around to pass it away. With the clock ticking down he is forced to shoot. It was like slow motion; the ball flew through the air and bounced up and away from the basket. The buzzer went off and we won the game!

It's more of a standpoint from the fans