End of A Career | Teen Ink

End of A Career

By DaBears54 BRONZE, Melbourne, Iowa
DaBears54 BRONZE, Melbourne, Iowa

none

It’s a wet, fall Monday night and the JV football team and I have our last game against BCLUW. As we get off the bus, I smell the freshly fallen rain. We start warming-up and then Coach Frowhein calls us in for a team huddle and tells us our goal is to end the season on a good note. The first half of the game we come out of the gate slow, but we are picking up speed. I have been playing good all game and I finally get my time to shine.

“Fees!” “Get in for Remmy at fullback!” yells Coach Frohwein.
I hustle out to the huddle and tell the play to Jake Psanka. It’s a twenty-four dive, which is a play designed for the fullback to get the ball. Jake gets the snap. I take the ball, exploding through the hole and knocking defenders to the ground. Finally, I am taken down; however, I gain ten yards for a Trojan first down. Hustling to the huddle, open-hand smacks to the pads, make it hard to concentrate. Congratulations! My first career run intoxicates me. Cody Gadbow needs a block. On the next two plays, would-be tacklers are shoved aside like ragdolls. Nearing the end zone, Coach Frohwein calls my number again. The football hits my gut as I simultaneously wrap my hands around the pigskin. Hitting the hole hard, making a collision with a defender head on at the line of scrimmage, but I was hungry for the end zone and bulldozed him over, scoring a touchdown.

Jumping up and down, I point to my dad and scream, “I did it, I finally scored!”

DaBears54 BRONZE, Melbourne, Iowa

none

thanks. you should read my other one too

bobby jo said...
on Mar. 15 2011 at 10:19 am
you had a good hook it kept me interested