The Decision- Lebron James | Teen Ink

The Decision- Lebron James

By d-rock BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
d-rock BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

Over the summer Lebron James made the most anticipated, controversial decision of his life, also probably the most arrogant. People think it was a terrible, arrogant, selfish thing to do; to hold a one hour special just to announce where you’re going play in the next NBA season, but I beg to differ. Sure you could make the argument that Michael Jordan, arguably the greatest player of all time, wouldn’t have ever done something like that, Michael Jordan said that he was always trying to beat those other superstars and wasn’t ever trying to play on the same team as them. Maybe that’s because he already had a seven time all star on his team in Scottie Pippen, a two time all star in Dennis Rodman, a one time all star in Horace grant, and many other great players that made an amazing supporting cast for him. Lebron James has never had that. He had to create that for himself this summer in order to make his career a success and not just be a player who dominated every game, but could never win what really mattered, a championship.
Put yourself in his position; When you were little or even now when you’re in high school and you’re playing pickup games with your friends, who do you pick to be on your team? The best players and also your best friends. People forget to realize that Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh are all best friends. Now tell me, if you had a chance to play in the NBA and be on the same team as your best friends you wouldn’t take it? Come on now. And how come people didn’t get mad when Boston did the same thing in 2008? How about the Lakers in the 80s? How about the Celtics in the 1980s? All had multiple stars on their teams in order to win a championship. If one of those pieces were missing they would not have won as many championships as they did.
If you’re mad about his ego then look at yourself in the mirror because the reason he even has this ego is because people gave it to him. The only thing people have been talking about concerning the NBA was this past summer’s free agency, “where is Lebron going to go?! I want Lebron to come here! I want Lebron in Chicago! It would be amazing if Lebron came here! He’s the best player in the league!” What do you expect him to be like? Every NBA player has an ego, if you’re complaining about anyone having an ego you should look at Amar’e Stoudemire or Joe Johnson, all they wanted was the most money. They each are getting paid at least 20 million dollars per year. Lebron James and the rest of the Miami Heat team took pay cuts which shows that they are unselfish and all they care about is winning and the good of the team. Lebron James could have easily said no I want to make 25 million dollars per year and any team that could afford it would’ve given it to him in a heartbeat. But no, he’s getting paid 15 million so that the Heat will have money to pay to other players so that they will actually have a team and not just 3 players.
Everyone is just mad because he didn’t go to the place that they wanted him to go. Chicago’s mad that he didn’t come here; New Jersey’s mad because he didn’t go there, New York’s mad because he didn’t go there. Everyone talks bad about him because they didn’t go where they wanted him to go. If he would have come to Chicago everyone here would be so happy and would have the same exact opinion that I do, but instead of saying, “I’m gonna take my talents to Chicago”, he said “I’m gonna take my talents to South Beach.” Get over it.

LeBron23 said...
Amazing writing I do agree with u. He really doesn't deserve to be treated like that with cleaveland. He made the right decision he needed a better team.

Bryan said...
I think that this decision had to be made.  Do i agree with the way he did it.  NO!  I do not think there should have been a tv show about it.  He should have done it quickly as soon as he new instead of waiting and making people crazy.  Also he should have respected cleveland by telling him he wanted to leave so they new.