Baseball's Recovery

More people are putting down the baseball glove and picking up a basketball or football. I think more people should play baseball.

It’s proven that more than 73% of the U.S. is giving up baseball for basketball or football. Jackie Robinson once said, “Baseball is like a poker game. Nobody wants to quit when he’s losing, and nobody wants you to quit when you’re ahead.”

If you have a small backyard you can practice basketball or football easier than baseball. If you practice baseball in your back yard you could hit a ball, and break a window. While in basketball or football you have a less chance of breaking a window.

More people are playing football because people like to hit other people in football, and baseball you hit a ball but not a person. Also in baseball you can only run and slide; while in football you can run, hit people, and get touchdowns.

I think more people need to play baseball because it is the best sport. Show that baseball is the best sport by going to a baseball game and see how many people are there, and compare it to how many people are at a football or basketball game.