My Home | Teen Ink

My Home

January 26, 2011
By misunderstood11 BRONZE, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
misunderstood11 BRONZE, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 5 comments

These hardwood floors knows my every move before I make it. These lines help me stay on track. This ball leads me to my destination. The rim is where my dreams hang from. The backboard is my success in life so every time I shoot I have to hit it. My defenders represent my obstacles I’ll go through in life. This court is the only I love more then anything else. It shows me the meaning of love with every swish and tree pointer. I found a place where I belong. Where cross over are meaningful gestures. And jump balls are just another way to show your strength. Where your team becomes a family and you learn each others strength and weaknesses. This court has became a place I call home. A place where I can express myself through plays and picks. Through backdoors I found love and meaning behind every crisp pass. Through 3 second violations and time outs I’ve found a place to call home. With every post up and drop step I learned to be quick on my feet. This is my home from the scoreboards, to the stats , to the smell of pine soul and sweat this court raised me to be the best I can. My home that nobody can take away.