Open Letter | Teen Ink

Open Letter

January 14, 2011
By frederick BRONZE, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
frederick BRONZE, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Lebron James and his followers,
Congratulations on signing with the Miami Heat. Maybe you will actually have a chance to win a championship now, but even if you do, it won't mean anything. The best player ever to play basketball, Michael Jordan, had this to say about your new team, "There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry [Bird], called up Magic [Johnson] and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team." Right after the season ended last year, you knew you were going to the Heat with Bosh and Wade. You acted like you were undecided so you could waste all the other teams' free agent time and same with Bosh and Wade. Not only that, you had a whole one hour episode about what team you were going to play with next year and you knew it all along. You're the one that put that gigantic target on your back. Not only did you let down your hometown, Cleveland, but you let down everyone else that was a fan of you. You are like a dead fish in water. If you actually win a championship or championships, it doesn't matter because you have two other of the best players in the NBA on your team and if you don't, then you will just become a bigger disgrace than you actually are. Win every drill, win every suicide, and lift weights everyday but just know however many championships you win, Wade will always have one more. You are no longer known as the "king" but as the "queen."