Knee Injury | Teen Ink

Knee Injury

November 3, 2010
By Anonymous

Last year I had a volleyball game in Wisconsin. I dove for the ball and I was in a frog position and I got up and I heard my right knee pop. I played through all three games and we won.
I went to the Varsity Volleyball game that night and talked to my parents. After the game ended we went to see the trainer, Jeff. He thought I tore my meniscus. Well he set an appointment for me the very next day to see Dr. McNally. I saw him and he asked me questions and then did an x-ray. He didn’t see anything wrong. I played through volleyball season and basketball season but it still bothered me. I went back to the trainer and he set another appointment for me to see Dr. McNally. He asked me more questions and decided to do an MRI. I came back the next day for the MRI and a couple of days later came back again for my results. He told me I have scar tissue on my “plica” band that wouldn’t heal on its own. He scheduled me for surgery the next day. I was on crutches for only a week and had to go to physical therapy only three times.
I feel so much better now after my surgery. I can play all three sports and not let my team down. I learned that unexpected things can happen anytime.