Cross Coutnry

Cross country is a sport, believe it or not. I know many spectators that believe cross country is a "piece of cake" as people say, but trust me, it's not. The running is all about the physical and mental preperation you must take time for before each race. Looking at the map, you can decide where to speed up, slow down, and keep a nice, steady pace. Having two varsity teams in my school is a real challenge. Football and volleyball are the two favored sports. The varsity boys cross country team in my school took home the conference trophy for the first time ever in our school and they dont even get mentioned on the PA system. Yes, in Football you make touchdowns, in volleyball you make aces, and in cross country you make personal records and team records. Its not all about running though. Other teams get the chance to bond and get to know other runners. Four schools that are really close made up this "Dream Team" that consists of the top 7 runners in our conference. These runners get together every meet they have a chance too and also stay connected by Facebook and cellphones. Cross country souned like a horrible idea when i started, but now that i started running i cant stop.