100 Meters | Teen Ink

100 Meters

By whitkostdnt10 GOLD, South Whitley, Indiana
whitkostdnt10 GOLD, South Whitley, Indiana

It was the day I have been waiting for since I was in the 6th grade. The TOC Track Meet had arrived for my freshman year. All day in school my adrenaline kept increasing more and more and I could not wait to let it all out at the meet. I could not ask for any better weather for a track meet. It was just perfect out. As we unloaded the bus, the intensity was getting more and more. You could just feel it in the air.
We started to do our pre-race warm-ups to get us ready to go. I kept stretching to get loose because I knew I was going to have to run my best race of the year. The intensity just kept getting more and more intense. I was ready to go for the big race.
As all the trials were over and done with, I was just waiting for the finals of the 100 to start. I was so anxious and adrenaline was all over my body. We started to do our warm-up runs and stretches. My brother was just telling me to relax and explode out of the blocks like I have done all year long.
It was about that time. The 110m hurdles just got over with and the starter called for the boys 100m finals to get our blocks set. I was in lane two, while my brother was in lane five. I did my run outs and stood anxiously at my blocks with all the adrenaline waiting to escape my body.
Finally, the starter said the words I have waited for all day….”On your mark.” I jump up and get my legs ready to go while I crawl back into my blocks. As I get in them, I take one deep breath, adrenaline pumping faster and faster! “Set!” I raise my back, knowing the gunshot will be going off any second now. “BAM!” The gun goes off and I explode out of my blocks like a bullet from a gun. Adrenaline was going through my body like never before. I could see from the corner of my eye nobody around me. At about 50 meters into the race I could see my brother coming up on me. Stride after stride I moved faster and faster knowing the team would take any points we could get. The finish line came and I leaned very quickly trying to get the fastest time I could get. I looked to my right right away and saw that my brother has won and I have finished second! My brother and I in great emotions gave each other a high five.
I was not sure what my time was because they had not announced it yet. Both of the coaches were more than pleased at both of our performances. We both knew our times had to be fast. I waited and waited, then finally heard the announcer announce the results. He got to my name and said exactly what I wanted to hear, 11.34. My fastest time all year! I was very proud of myself. I learned that hard work really does pay off at the end!

didnt you put down TRC broski? lol well anyway its still awesome!

great article about an awesome accomplishment