Football | Teen Ink

Football

By Alec Reinhardt BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Alec Reinhardt BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Have you ever watched football? Have you ever noticed how much skills you use on the football field that you actually use in “real” life? Well if you haven’t, you should watch for those developing skills the next time you watch a football game.

We were down by ten points with a quarter left. It was going to be a tough road ahead if we wanted to win that game, but we had the hope we could still win. We were fighting as hard as we possibly could. It was about halfway through the quarter when we finally scored are first touchdown.

Dedication, desire, determination, and discipline are all probably the most important thing to your success and without these four D’s you really wouldn’t want to compete for anything or you wouldn’t want to be good at anything you do.

We finally had stopped the other team’s offense. There was probably about only two minutes left in the game. Our team was pumped! We were so excited that we actually had a chance at winning the game! The other team on the other hand was all frustrated with each other.

Without dedication, desire, determination, and discipline, there would have been no way we could have won that game, or any games that year. We just stuck with it and tried our best and it paid off!

So the next time you sit down to watch a game, or when you are even in one, just sit back for a couple seconds and really watch what is being taught and learned, instead of just thinking its all about the pads a popin’ and hittin’ people.

How football relates to life