The Ice Bowl | Teen Ink

The Ice Bowl

By Andrew Anderson BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Andrew Anderson BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

We come into the season with last year’s game in our memory, domination of Kasson. In our thoughts is last years game, but little did we know we are in for a world of hurt. Now the first, second, third, and forth quarter play a huge role in my tragic story.
The first quarter was all Kasson, and when I mean it was all Kasson I mean it was all there running back doing their scoring. The running back was either very good or our defense is very bad. The weather was absolutely terrible, the ground was full of icy snow and there was mud everywhere you walk. We needed every ounce of strength that we have to pull thru this one. Along came another disappointing quarter the second.
The second quarter only giving up fourteen points, and scoring six. The defense did shape up, we had a couple of sacks and forced fumbles. Even though we scored we still got pushed around like a couple of rag dolls. After the second quarter we held our heads up but we need to get going if were going to come back this one.
Despite the freezing weather, which by the way we couldn’t feel no more because our bodies were numb, we are doing pretty good. We got shut out in the third but even if we were down 44 to 6. We couldn’t help but be embarrassed and want to go home. In the end of the third quarter we were pretty exhausted, but we had a lot of heart left.
Our best quarter was the forth, we didn’t score but we also shut them out. At least we played one good quarter out of four. If you don’t play hard on every snap your team won’t play good.
You have to think in the present and not in the past, or you’ll get hammered for it. You have to play hard every snap to function right. If you don’t play hard and if you don’t have teamwork there is no way you can win.

PaulR BRONZE said...
PaulR BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Thata boy Trucka Virg