TIGER WOODS | Teen Ink

TIGER WOODS

By john olsen BRONZE, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
john olsen BRONZE, Elkhorn, Wisconsin

Tiger Woods has been all over the news lately, his career has been overshadowed by personal problems but it is time return to his expertise. Tiger Woods golf career can be summed up in three phases: childhood, college, and pro years.
Ever since Eldrick Woods first touched a golf club he knew what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he wanted to be a pro golfer. Eldrick was born on December 30, 1975 in Cypress, California. Tiger Woods gained his now famous nickname from a friend who had the same nickname. Tiger was the only child of Earl and Kultida Woods and they found his talent for golf at a young age. Tiger Woods beat Bob Hope in a putting contest at the age of three and at the age of five he starred on the show That’s Incredible, and many other TV shows. It’s not hard to see how he got into being a pro golfer.

When Tiger was in college he won the amateur title and qualified to play in the master’s tournaments in Augusta, Georgia. Tiger couldn’t play for money in the amateur. In 1996 Woods had won three amateur titles one after another. He was only twenty years old in August of 1996 when he quit college to play pro golf. In December he changed his name legally to Tiger and his nick name became permanent.
Eight months into his professional carrier he played in the prestigious Master’s Tournament held at Georgia’s Augusta National Golf Club. It is one of the greatest honors in golf to win the masters, not to mention the ship load of prize money and a green blazer to show your greatness to other golfers .Tiger won that competition as the youngest golfer to ever win the tournament scoring a 270 strokes and a twelve strokes ahead of his runner up to set another golf record.

Tiger Woods has been in the news lately for something he wishes he had never done. His golf career is being shunned by his personal problems. However, I think we should not forget about his life when he was young and at the top of his golf career.

ITS ABOUT TIGER WOODS