Johnny Long Legs | Teen Ink

Johnny Long Legs

April 19, 2010
By ilikepeeeenutss BRONZE, Pineville, West Virginia
ilikepeeeenutss BRONZE, Pineville, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The book is mainly for kids’ nine to twelve. Everyone believes his long legs will make him the star of the basketball team .His legs let everyone down when Johnny runs into a problem. Johnny worked hard all the season in practices to increase his jump. The theme of the story is that hard work and dedication will pay off for you in the end. I would recommend this book to younger kid because it’s has a good meaning and its very fun to read.

Description and summary of main points

The book Johnny Long Legs is not the hardest book ever. It is rather easy. ”You’ve come a long way with your jumping. And you’ve improved your pivoting, too. Goes to show what steady practice will do. And determination.” The book would teach the reader a very good life lesson when you play sports. Johnny was a very determined boy. He lagged behind on his skills, but he wanted to improve them very much.

Evaluation

The writer Matt Christopher changed the character Johnny voice in the book. At the beginning he was sad he had to move, but by the end he was very happy. At the beginning he was just putting his sides away. ”Johnny Reese pushed aside the thoughts of the home he and mom had left in New York.” By the end his voice was happier and upbeat.

Conclusion

I would recommend this book to younger kid because it’s has a good meaning and its very fun to read. Johnny goes to this new school and everyone assumes that his long legs will make him the star of the basketball team. Johnny improves his jumping very much over the basketball season.

Your final review

The book Johnny Long Legs is about a boy named Johnny Who gets a new step dad and step brother. He is moving to a new school and away from New York. When he gets there the other students have high expectations for him and his long legs, but he cant match there expatiations they have for him.