The Blind Side | Teen Ink

The Blind Side

April 19, 2010
By Zay31 BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia
Zay31 BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
It ain't easy being cheesy.


The author of The Blind Side is Michael Lewis. His recent best-selling book was Home Game. He lives in Berkeley, California. The setting of the story is Memphis, Tennessee. This story took place in 2005.

There are several great characters in this amazing novel. Michael Oher is the main character and he is 6’5 and 355 pounds. Sean Tuohy is another important character and his hair line was so far up that he looked bald. And he was also big but not fat. He was also one of the richest men in Tennessee. Leigh Anne Tuohy was Seans’ wife and probably weighed about 140 pounds and she is white. And Big Tony was one of the people Michael lived with. He was 6’3 300 pounds.

In this story Michael Oher faced a lot of problems. One was that his mother was a drug addict. Another was he didn’t know who his father was and didn’t have anywhere to live. He overcame the problems by putting his mom in rehab, finally figuring out who his dad was, and moved in with the Tuohy family.

There was a lot of theme and morals in this story, but the biggest one to me was that you should never give up and always try to succeed in life. Michael could have just quit because he had nothing. But he kept on trying and now he is playing with the Baltimore Ravens in the NFL (National Football League). And he is making over a million a year.
The book The Blind Side was intriguing! It not only focuses on the sport of football but also on the raw look at race and poverty. I would suggest people who had problems with their families. It is also great for kids who love football!


The author's comments:
Its excellent!