One Boxing Ring | Teen Ink

One Boxing Ring

It is the only place where I feel powerful. One boxing ring with tears and blood stains. There my sparing partner stands waiting for the timer to start off our first round. Adrenaline running through my body. The round starts and I am eager. One boxing ring surrounded by other fighters practicing. Hits are heard followed by painful groans, but the round goes on.
The thrill of getting hit is normal. It’s a feeling unlike anything in the world. The constant practice of blocking and recovering runs through your mind, after the hit you’re thinking of your next move, your comeback. Getting hit is expected it’s what you do with it that matters.
Everyone has their reasons why they are here. If it’s to help them stay out of trouble, learn to take their anger issues out on a sport, learn self defense, or even just to fight. Don’t give up, don’t give up, don’t give up, is all you hear when you’re struggling. You will learn.
When I’m not focused I’m pushed the hardest. Those days are the most important; those days will make you stronger. Even when you know you didn’t do so well, you hold your head up high like you were taught. One boxing ring where those are taught important lessons that will not be forgotten. One boxing ring helps us learn to take with us what we need to succeed.

Pine Tar said...
on Apr. 28 2010 at 10:15 am
This is really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!