Three Minutes - Pressure, Overtime - Ecstatic | Teen Ink

Three Minutes - Pressure, Overtime - Ecstatic

By chiquitacheer122 BRONZE, Fonda, New York
chiquitacheer122 BRONZE, Fonda, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

The name’s Sarah, New York State Champion. I grew up on a farm. We had a barn, though it wasn’t just an ordinary barn, the barn had heart and wrestling mats. So much talent came out of my barn. I also have two brothers. Their names are Orian and Tyler. There wrestlers to, but much younger than me. Well enough about me.
The barn I grew up in wasn’t in much good shape. The barn had tons of mats and foam but the foundation wasn’t so great. My dad held a clinic there called the Barn Brawlers. Well I’m getting ready to go to college in Tennessee for free and I grew up in that barn. My talent and hard work to strive to do my best paid off. But I couldn’t do it without my dad. He was also a wrestler when he was younger.
My coach’s name was dad. He meant everything to me. He was the reason for me starting. Sure I wasn’t so great when I first started wrestling and don’t get me wrong boys are pretty tough but girls, you just need to out smart them. And that’s what I did. I have great flexibility and strength. But that’s not enough to win a match. You have to know a thing or two.
Wrestling is a tough sport. You need to have heart. You need to want to be the best you can be. Just like my little pal Stevo. He is seven years old and if you asked him to do crunches or pushups, he would do them until you said stop or he injured himself. That kid has so much strive that it’s not even funny.
I know I’m missing a lot of the people in the barn but I would just be repeating myself. Wrestling is hard work and you just need to push behind everything and just do it.
Wrestling consists of three- one minute periods. Wrestling matches are the longest three minutes of your life, especially if you go into overtime.