Eliminating sports | Teen Ink

Eliminating sports

By Carl13 SILVER, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Carl13 SILVER, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Why should schools eliminate sports to save money? Is it because it’s bad for students? Wrong! Eliminating sports is like taking the joy out of Christmas. They shouldn’t eliminate sports to save money
To begin with, one reason schools shouldn’t eliminate sports is people may only like the game. For example, they might have the experience of playing a particular game; they may only know how to play that game. Another reason is, they may think any other activity is boring. Finally is, their family might have a tradition of playing the particular sport.
Next, another reason schools shouldn’t eliminate sports is people may want to learn the particular sport. For instance, you may just get interested in a sport, and you want to learn it. But, you can’t play the game. Another reason is, they might be forming a team, and you want to play, but you don’t know how to play the game. Finally is, the people might want to impress college scouts.
Finally, the last reason schools shouldn’t eliminate sports is people may not stay healthy For example, in sports you have to run laps that give you exercise. Another reason is, people are too lazy to exercise. Finally is, people might jus be eating all day.
Some may argue that sports are a waste of money. They may think it’s a waste of money because students can do physical activities on their own. The school system shouldn’t be paying for students to play sport.
For my conclusion, I think schools should not eliminate sports to save money. I think that because people may only like the game. Also people may want to learn the game. Finally people may not stay healthy.

I like sports

on Sep. 17 2012 at 8:33 am
I AGREE WITH YOU .IF THEY TAKE SPORTS OUT OF SCHOOL PEOPLE WOULD BE LAZY. LIKE MY FRIEND TRAE WHO THINKS HE CAN PLAY BASKETBALL BUT REALLY STINKS

TraeBryant said...
on Sep. 11 2012 at 8:14 am
TraeBryant, Wilmington, North Carolina

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

I’m against taking sports out of school because some kids may want to grow up to be a professional athlete in that sport. Also school sports build character, and may help some people get through some rough times in their lives. It’s also great exercise. If they take sports out of P.E, how are they going to exercise? 

soccergoal25 said...
also if u have a game u can sell tickets...so technically u make money

forreal, thats crazy as HECK

on Nov. 1 2010 at 11:43 am

this is good