Winner | Teen Ink

Winner

By Player BRONZE, Chandler, Arizona
Player BRONZE, Chandler, Arizona

To be or not to be.

I remember last year, I was sixteen years old. I was racing my car at Canyon Speedway Park. I was running for a points champion ship. it was a series of twenty races. I had been finishing in the top three every race, so I had a four point lead over my friend Garrett going into the last race. It had been a good season all year; I had four main event wins and ten heat race wins. I had set two track records, one for 8 laps and one for 20 laps.

This was the last race of the season and we lined up for our heat. If I finished fifth or better I would start twelfth, Garrett would start eleventh if he did the same. I finished third and he won his. We started in the last row eleventh and twelfth. The race was twenty laps. We came to the green flag and Garrett got in front of me. I followed him the whole race until the white flag. We were running third and fourth. I dove to the inside of him and we dragged raced to the flag stand, I ended up beating him. I won the champion ship and my friends covered me in silly string. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

THis is the best event of my life