aren't they "d" serving too | Teen Ink

aren't they "d" serving too

By cj2one BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
cj2one BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio

Football has many great highlights and great players; such as Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger and Ladainian Tomlinson. Most MVP award winners happen to play offense. There are also a lot of players that revolutionized the NFL on defense but they tend not to be recognized by many coaches or fans to be voted as a NFL MVP. In games, such as The Patriots vs. The Colts people look at it as the Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady. What I wonder is what about the defensive captains Jerod Mayo (Patriots) vs. Gary Brackett (Colts) they are both on defense and they are both interior Linebackers or Brandon Meriwether (Patriots) vs. Antoine Bethea (Colts). These two are Safeties in the NFL that have some great plays that change the tempo of games. These players aren’t recognized because they are not the main focus in the NFL. In the past couple of years I feel that there has been a lot of people on defense that have been worthy of becoming MVP such as Antonio Cromartie who had 10 interceptions in his second year in the NFL. For most players in the NFL it takes more then a year to turn around your performance and reach NFL milestones. This year a player by the name of Darren Sharper who is about 34 years old and he is leading the NFL in interceptions and he also has the most returned interceptions in the NFL. There is also Mike Vrabel who a line up as a tight end in goal line situations, and catches passes for touchdowns and he is a linebacker. I feel they deserve an equal share of the MVP award. After all isn’t it the best players that deserve it?