Badgers Bully By Bulldogs in 2OT | Teen Ink

Badgers Bully By Bulldogs in 2OT

By Brandon Altenburg SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Brandon Altenburg SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Badgers Bully by Bulldogs in 2OTs
In 2008 the Fresno State-Wisconsin football game was hyped as a big early season meeting between similar rising programs. It all came down to a field goal, which Fresno State’s freshman kicker Kevin missed, allowing the Badgers to win in regulation, 13-10.
After disappointing seasons by both teams last year, the two foes met again, with little fanfare or anticipation. All the same, it came down to Kevin again, now a more experienced sophomore, who managed to tie the game at the end of the fourth quarter 24-24.
After each team scored a touchdown in the first overtime, senior safety Chris intercepted Fresno State’s Ryan ’s pass in the end zone on the first play of the second overtime. All the Badgers had to do was score to come away with the victory.
With John racking up huge gains on the ground, the Badgers moved the ball to the five yard line in the middle of the field to set up Phillip ’s kick to win the game.
Of course he nailed it and Bucky came away with their second down to the wire win against a tremendous, tough, and talented Bulldog’s team in as many years.
Wisconsin quarterback Scott played well, throwing for 225 yards and a touchdown. Zach complemented Clay in the backfield and Isaac , Nick , and Garrett each had big days catching the ball.
Overall, it was a solid win for a UW program trying to find itself after a spiraling collapse in 2008. Next up is Division I-AA Wofford, which projects more as a tune up game for the Big Ten season than a real competitor.