Arrowhead Bleachers | Teen Ink

Arrowhead Bleachers

By Kyle101 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Kyle101 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

S*** happens

My school has decided to replace the football stadium bleachers. The new plan will make the bleachers compliant with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), expand seating capacity, meet press-box needs, upgrade storage and bathroom facilities as well as provide significant improvements to the entrances, lighting, and sound. The projects estimated cost will be 2 to 4 million dollars and will be mainly funded by private donors consisting of The Marek Group, The Milwaukee Wave, and NX Level. The project is expected to be finished August 2010. Below is the school’s superintendent’s press release on the plan:
“Over the years there has been much discussion about replacing the High School bleachers system at Pfeiffer Field at Taraska Stadium, which was installed in 1962. The District is required to have an annual inspection of all of its bleacher systems. The inspection conducted this summer yielded an evaluation recommending that significant improvements would need to be addressed and consideration should be given to a plan for replacing the 47 year old bleachers…
A group of private donors has come forward to assist in financing the project; however, a fund-raising effort will be required to make this project a reality…
Phases of the project have been planned to allow for stages to be completed as the financial resources become available…
The group that has come forward in support of this project is hopeful of securing the necessary funding for the new bleachers to allow for them to be installed and ready for operation by August of 2010. There will be naming rights available for larger donations in designated areas of the new stadium.
The group is also looking for companies who may be able to donate materials or labor to the project to keep costs at a minimum. The intent is to obtain the necessary funding for this project, allowing it to be fully funded without the use of tax dollars. This is an ambitious goal, but this group of individuals believes the timing is right and looks forward to working with the community and alumni to make this project happen.