AHS Girls Ice Hockey | Teen Ink

AHS Girls Ice Hockey

By EmmaReynolds SILVER, Delafield, Wisconsin
EmmaReynolds SILVER, Delafield, Wisconsin

With the season officially underway, Warhawks Girls Ice Hockey is back. The team consists of all the same players as last year, as well as four incoming freshman players. Their record stands at 2-1, and the rest of the season has high expectations.

The top 50 season leaders from the state of Wisconsin include five Warhawks players. Junior Marissa is ranked fifth with a total of nine points. Junior Ripley is ranked tenth with a total of seven points. Junior Mikayla is ranked 19th with a total of five points. Freshman Hannah is ranked 30th with a total of four points. Senior Ali is ranked 50th with a total of three points.

The first game was played against Sun Prairie and the Warhawks lost 7-1. Junior Mikayla scored the lone goal this game. The team’s second game was against MSO, where Arrowhead won 8-7. The majority if the goals were scored by juniors Marissa and Ripley . The most recent game they played was against Middleton, where they won 5-0. Henry and Weber scored majority of the points.
On December 5th, the team is playing Fondy Waupun, and on December 10th, they’re playing USM Co-Op.
According to junior defense player, Mariah , “The team is supposed to do very well this season considering no one graduated, and we gained four incoming freshman who make a great addition to our team.”
Girls Ice Hockey continues up until the beginning of February.
Information from Wisconsin Sports Network Online