Warhwaks beat North | Teen Ink

Warhwaks beat North

By matjar34 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
matjar34 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

the warhawks took care of business Friday night in defeating Waukesha North by a score of 35-9. The Warhawks used some big offensive plays to take care of the Northstars and give coach Tom T. a win on the night that the stadium was dedicated in his name.
"I'm really happy for the kids with it being Homecoming and everything else that was going on this week," Tim said to the Lake Country Reporter.
While the Northstars were the team that threw the ball 52 times, Warhawks senior quarterback Tom P had a great game throwing the ball for his team. Parish threw for three touchdown passes, all from 28 yards out or more, and compiled 161 passing yards in just eight attempts.
In a game that the Warhawks won by 26, the Northstars were the team that struck first with a 34 yard field goal by senior Steve P on the first drive of the game. North was able to pass the ball effectively on the scoring drive against the Warhwaks' secondary. Senior Christopher A threw for 266 yards against the Warhawks in the game, but was also intercepted three times and completed fewer than 50 percent of his 52 passes.
Arrowhead would strike late in the first quarter when junior running back Colton broke off a 70 yard touchdown run up the side of the field. Sweitzer was the leading rusher in the game, compiling 85 yards on eight carries. In the opening quarter North was able to stay close, and trailed just 7-3 going into quarter number two.
In the second quarter the combination of Parish and senior receiver Russ got kicked into high gear. Finco caught two touchdown passes in the second, from 62 yards out and then another from 30 yards away. Finco ended up with four receptions for 133 yards, an average of 33 yards per catch. He also had a gain of 23 yards in the Warhawk's debut of the exciting wildcat offense.
"It was good balls thrown and good routes run," Finco said to the Lake Country Reporter. "The line gave Tom time to throw, and he's going to make those throws. I'll take those long touchdowns when I get them."
After a Brian two yard touchdown run, Collin reeled in a 28 yard touchdown pass during a 14 point third quarter for the Warhwaks. The only scoring in the fourth quarter was a 10 yard touchdown pass from Aho to receiver Joe , who ended up with nine catches for over 100 yards, but it was too little and far too late in what ended up as a 35-9 victory for the home Warhawks.
The one-loss Warhawks qualified for the playoffs with the victory for the 13th straight season.