Badgers Beat on Golden Eagles | Teen Ink

Badgers Beat on Golden Eagles

By Steven Benna SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Steven Benna SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

In a battle of two Wisconsin rivals, the 23rd ranked Wisconsin Badgers and the unranked Marquette Golden Eagles, the Badgers held on to the victory. The Badgers continued their domination at the Kohl Center, starting this season 6-0 at their home stadium.
Wisconsin came out firing, dominating on defense, outside, and down low, ending the first half with a 40-31 lead. But a late second half charge by Marquette made it a 65-61 game with just over two minutes left.
Marquette’s big man Lazar did what he could to keep the game close, scoring 21 points and grabbing 12 boards. But his efforts were not enough to fend off Wisconsin, as Marquette dropped their third game in two weeks.
Wisconsin forward Jon delivered a clutch performance, recording a double-double with 24 points and 12 rebounds. He went 9-14 from the field, and made his only three point shot attempt. At 6’10” with a jump shot, this junior could develop into a stud.
While Wisconsin is looking to stay near to top of the Big Ten, Marquette is hoping to stay in the running in the Big East.