GIRLS’ VOLLEYBALL CONTROLS CONFERENCE | Teen Ink

GIRLS’ VOLLEYBALL CONTROLS CONFERENCE

January 11, 2010
By jgosz20 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
jgosz20 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Warhawks continued their streak of dominance as they washed out Waukesha West on September 10 in three games: 25-7, 25-22, and 25-21. Just five days later, Arrowhead conquered their rival Pius in an exciting four-game match: 17-25, 26-24, 25-19, and 25-23.

In the victory over West, senior Janelle contributed 14 kills, junior Rachel supplied 21 assists, and senior Ashley pitched in with 19 digs. Sophomore Jenny was recognized with two blocks, and junior Lauren served up three aces for the winners.

“It was a great game,” said senior spectator Megan . “They may have been doubted at first, but they prevailed. Tall people were flailing everywhere.”

In last Tuesday’s win over Pius, Smith led the team with 14 kills, Keith chipped in with 35 assists, and Larson had 18 digs. Rolerat and junior Taylor both contributed 3 blocks while sophomore Jenna and Hobbs served 3 aces each.

“We pushed through the tough parts when we were tired and that made all the difference,” said senior Rachel on the exciting win.

Sieth and Keith were thrilled about Tuesday’s victory.
“We played an awesome game!” said Sieth, while all Keith had to say , “Heck yes!”