AHS SWIMMERS MOVE ON TO STATE | Teen Ink

AHS SWIMMERS MOVE ON TO STATE

By jgosz20 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
jgosz20 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin

The Warhawks girls’ swim and dive team has yet another chance to defend their title. The Warhawks will compete in the WIAA state meet at the University of Wisconsin Natatorium on Saturday, November 14. Diving will begin at 10 a.m., and the swimming will start at 3 p.m.

The WIAA Division 1 defending state champions turned in a dominant performance last Saturday, winning the Waukesha South sectional with 424 points, well ahead of second place Waukesha South-Mukwonago, who had 334 points.

The No. 1 ranked Warhawks will have the maximum 21 entries, making them a favorite to repeat as state champions. AHS has won six of the last seven WIAA state titles.

“We all worked really hard this season so it was a lot of fun to watch all of our training pay off,” said junior Holly. “We are pumped to be state champs two years in a row.”

All three relay races, as well as eight of the 18 individual qualifiers, took first place at the sectional.

The winning relay races were the 200 medley (sophomore Kate, senior Caryn , junior Emma , and sophomore Haley ), the 200 freestyle (freshman Julia , Johnson, senior Tracy , and Goral) and the 400 freestyle (Jones, Goral, Pietila, and Mikota).