Warhawks Starts Conferene Strong | Teen Ink

Warhawks Starts Conferene Strong

By matjar34 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
matjar34 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

The Warhawks football team remained undefeated with a commanding victory over the Indians to start the conference season. Mukwonago got on the board against the Warhawks for the first time in four years, but a powerful Warhawks offense scored all of their 35 points in the first half, dominating the game from the start.
On the first play of the game, senior running back Brian Crook took a kickoff return 97 yards to the end zone to start a long day for the Indians. "I wasn't even touched on the play,” Crook said to the Lake Country Reporter. “Everybody did everything perfect, and it was a great way to spark a good win."
Already down 7-0, a fumbled pitch by Mukwonago junior quarterback Derek Hasanoglu gave the ball back just two plays later. Great games by senior Matt Boerner and junior Derek Landisch at linebacker kept Hasanoglu on his back the majority of the night.
After Warhawks senior Tom Parish’s interception, the Warhawks drove the ball down the field late in the quarter after a couple defensive stops. Landisch then got a goal line carry and ran the ball in from two yards out to give the Warhawks a 14-0 lead after the first quarter.
In the second quarter, Parish showed his skills with both his feet and his arm. Parish ran the ball into the end zone twice in the quarter, from 7 and 9 yards out.
Mukwonago added a Jordan Remsza field goal to make it 28-3, but the Warhawks got their last strike of the half with a 13 yard touchdown pass to Adam Sandstrom.
After a scoreless third quarter on both sides of the ball, Mukwonago found the end zone against the Warhawks with a 60 yard fumble recovery by Ryan Crawley. A missed extra point made the score 35-9, which ended up as the final in a defensive second half with most of the Warhawks' offensive starters out.

I played on the team