The Future of the Packers | Teen Ink

The Future of the Packers

By matjar34 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
matjar34 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Currently sitting at 6-4 ten weeks into the 2009 season, fans are upset at how the Packers have performed. People also complained when they finished last year 6-10 in Aaron Rodgers first year as a starting quarterback. However, it’s difficult to make the case that the Packers have a bleak future.
For starters, Aaron Rodgers is the real deal. In just a season and a half he has shown why he is the highest paid player on the team. His arm is terrific, he is one of the best at protecting the football, and he is mobile. He can fill up the Gatorade, walk the dog, and paint ya’ back porch. AND HE CAN PASS! The Packers have their quarterback of the next decade in Rodgers.
Defensively, the Packers made the switch to the 3-4 defense this season. While they don’t have the players to make it a forceful defense yet, there is potential to do so. First round draft choices Clay Matthews and BJ Raji both appear like they can be studs on the front seven. A few seasons of experience and a couple more players can make this defense one to watch out for.
While the Packers and their fans always want to win, they are in rebuilding mode. The encouraging thing is that they are competitive while doing so. A couple of more years and the Packers will be a Super Bowl contender year in and year out.

I like the Packers.