WARHAWKS STUN THE LAKERS, TAKE OVER 2ND PLACE | Teen Ink

WARHAWKS STUN THE LAKERS, TAKE OVER 2ND PLACE

By jgosz20 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
jgosz20 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin

The Arrowhead field hockey team knew they had to play their best in order to beat the University Lake School Lakers and knock them out of second place in the conference.

“This was a huge game for us,” says head coach Melissa Brengosz. “We knew that ULS was going to bring their A-game, so we needed to step it up and match their style of play.”

The Warhawks did just that, beating ULS on Wednesday, September 23, in overtime 2-1. With the win, Arrowhead moved into second place in the conference behind undefeated University School of Milwaukee, who they play on October 14th at their home field.

“We played awesome against ULS! It feels so good to move up in the conference standings too!” says junior defender Sirjaut Kaur.

Senior forward Lindsay Precia, with an assist from freshman forward Carly Brengosz, scored the first goal of the game for the Warhawks. ULS scored the equalizer in the second half to bring the game into a 7 vs. 7 overtime. In the overtime, senior midfielder Skylar VanNatta scored on an assist from Precia to put the game away.

Upcoming games for the Warhawks include a home game on October 7th against Divine Savior Holy Angels beginning at 4:15.

This was a huge game!