Horseback Riding Advice | Teen Ink

Horseback Riding Advice

December 19, 2009
By AbbytheEventer GOLD, Blue Ash, Ohio
AbbytheEventer GOLD, Blue Ash, Ohio
11 articles 12 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
One mans wrong lead is another Man's counter canter


Horses are amazing creatures, they are kind and gentle and the best thing that’s ever happened to me! Do you want to ride horses? Well of course! But let me give you some advice and then you can decide. When you ride horses you must use precautions, like a helmet, boots with a heel and long pants, because if you fall off you don’t want to get you head cracked open, believe me I have fallen off many times. Second you must find a good horse and a phenomenal instructor if you ever want to improve you riding skills. If you don’t have a good instructor you might get scammed and pay way to much money when you’re hanging on the horses neck. When you get better at riding you might want to consider leasing a horse which means you kind of half own the animal then you realize how much care and responsibility a horse is. When you feel that you take good care of the horse you lease and/or outgrow its ability’s and want something more? Well go out there and buy yourself a horse! Have your trainer come with you and help you find the right horse for your capability level. Once you get a horse remember to take good care of it and it will be good to you but above all HAVE FUN! And don’t get scammed! So do you want to ride horses now? I thought so!


The author's comments:
I wrote this for online schooling in like 10 minutes so its not very good