Bruins Pride | Teen Ink

Bruins Pride MAG

Who expected the Boston Bruins to be a Stanley Cup contender for the 1989-90 season? Who thought Andy Moog would be the NHL's best goal-tender? We all knew that Cam Neely would score high this year, but did anyone know that he would pass the fifty goal mark in one season? The Bruins surprised us all this past season, all the way up to the trip to the big one: the Stanley Cup Finals.

It took a lot of hard work and even more teamwork to get to the finals, and that is something the Bruins and their fans should always be proud of. They weren't even expected to make the division finals, never mind the league finals. They proved most sports reporters and critics wrong when they played their best season in a long time.

Yes, it was a big upset in the end. No one knows that more than the Bruins themselves; most of whom were too upset to even discuss the loss after the series. Ray Bourque put it best when he said that in all his years with the Bruins, the team had only made it to the finals twice. That alone is a disappointing thought. But to lose to the same team both those times hurts the Bruins and all their fans even more.

However, the 1990-91 NHL season will soon start, and we can all look forward to another exciting season of thrilling Boston Bruins hockey. The Bruins will go far this year - I think we all know that.

I'm proud of the Bruins. They went from being a middle ranked NHL hockey club to being one of the best teams in the league. The Bruins showed us what determination, hard work, team work, and courage can do - it will take you to the top.n

bay_JP SILVER said...
on Mar. 31 2014 at 11:04 pm
bay_JP SILVER, San Francisco, California

Be yourself. Everybody else is already taken.

Bleed the San Jose teal but love the bruins as well, great article :-)