New York Or New Jersey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

New York or New Jersey

by T. C., Bethel, CT

Should the Giants and the Jets be called the New Jersey Giants and the New Jersey Jets? This is a question that tons of tri-state area fans ask. The Giants and the Jets do not even play in New York so why should they use the name. If the Giants and the Jets want to use the New York name, I think they should do one of two things. They should either move back to New York or they should pay royalties to the state and city. The Giants and the Jets should be called the New Jersey Giants and the New Jersey Jets because both teams play at Giants Stadium at the Meadowlands in New Jersey.

I feel that both teams are very tight-fisted and disrespectful toward the fans. The Giants and Jets both had perfectly fine stadiums to play in and loyal fans coming to cheer them on. I feel that both teams betrayed their fans by moving to New Jersey. Lastly I feel that the fans should not go to any of their games until the teams realize what they have done.

HannSawyer17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I live in Jersey and I can not agree more! Great article!